JUNIOR MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
Hamsar Diversco is a local manufacturing success story and in the last year has dramatically increased in size and business scope. We pride ourselves in the close-knit culture that we have developed and retained in our company and with our success has come additional opportunities. We are looking for a Junior Mechanical Design Engineer to help expand our growing Engineering team. The Junior Mechanical Design Engineer will report directly to the Engineering Manager & VP of Engineering, but work closely with other members of the Engineering team and manufacturing employees. The compensation for this role is competitive with the market and does include a full benefit package.
I. Job Responsibilities:
- Accountable to aid in the profitable growth of the company’s product lines by meeting customer product needs and addressing current market trends
- Participate in the project cycle of research, design, development, testing and utilization of electrical/mechanical components, mechanisms, materials, and circuitry pertinent to Electrical, Mechanical or Electronic product development
- Participates in developing sketches, layout, and detail and assembly drawings and gather all necessary information to develop a final design
- Prototype development through part requirements identification, secure sample materials; build prototype according to engineering specifications, test and record pertinent details and aid in the customer presentations and testing as required
- Using available tools test equipment to ensure products meet compliance criteria for SAE, DOT, e-mark or PPAP as required, ISO 9001 2008 quality objectives and customer specific requirements
- Assists with production processes required to meet quality, cost and efficiency objectives
- Accurately troubleshoot product issues and determine effective corrective action for a long-term solution
- Attending and providing input to applicable project meetings
- Aid in the development of standard test procedures for new and modified existing products regarding incoming raw material inspection requirements, manufacturing product testing and finished good inspection
- Assists with Purchasing Department with detailed material and component requirements, vendor selection and costing details
- Deliver applicable training to production personnel
- Other duties may be assigned
II. Position Specific Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Plastics, Industrial Engineering, Business, or equivalent experience and education and/or certification.
Experience & Skills
- An experienced, dynamic, hands on Engineer, preferably with Automotive Industry experience
- 2 years experience in designing plastic parts, fixtures and gauges is mandatory
- Knowledge in Plastic molding injections
- 2 years experience in CAD or 3D CAD is a must (Solid Edge Program preferred but SolidWorks and Catia is acceptable)
- Experienced in Optical/Lighting is a plus
- PPAP and GD&T Preferred
- Experience in researching and developing new products while improving the design, functionality and production process of our existing products
- Effectively meeting deadlines, self-motivated and energetic with positive enthusiasm
- Possess relevant experience in Product Testing, Production layout drawings, BOM components and work instructions
- Ability to calculate dimensions, capacities and qualities by applying mathematical formulas
- Ability to prepare engineering specifications using software programs for design, drawings, layouts, and programming
- Accuracy in recording product testing reports for customers and internally
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers regarding technical information
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- Proficiency in MS Office products is required
- Some travel to customer locations will be required periodically
III. Internal Training Requirements:
- Maximizer CRM, contact management processes and procedures.
- NAV training
- Product knowledge training
If interested, email your resume to email@example.com.
Grakon Hamsar Holdings Ltd (Hamsar Diversco) welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.