DIRECTOR OF SALES & MARKETING
Reports to: Vice President, Grakon, General Manager, Hamsar
Responsible for Directing overall Strategic Sales and Marketing for the Hamsar business. Participates in the Grakon strategic plan along with the General Manager and develops, aligns, and executes a focused Hamsar sales strategy. Manages sales and account management and a customer support team developing various targeted OEM and key customers, as well as key aftermarket customers and distributors. Coordinates strategic cross selling of Hamsar products throughout the Grakon group. Also coordinates Grakon Group products to Hamsar customers. Responsible for marketing including trade shows, company website, web marketing, etc.
- Executes and continuously updates a focused sales strategy and plan targeting optimal sales and EBITDA growth.
- Monitors progress to the plan using various sales metrics and tracking systems.
- Manages Marketing and ensures marketing efforts are coordinated with Grakon Group including trade shows, website, web marketing, packaging, and any related materials.
- Targets and pursues via Account Managers, Sales, and Marketing personnel, profitable new business opportunities with each target customer
- Solicit RFQs for targeted business, submit Manufacturing Cost Estimate requests, consult with Program Managers and Engineering on design/manufacturing issues, and submit quotations ultimately obtaining new business wins.
- Target and establish relationships with key decision-makers with key customers, and internal stakeholders.
- Develop appropriate sales approach for each functional group at each key customer.
- Maintain regular contact with each Program Manager to ensure that programs are on time and provide support if/when issues arise.
- Calculate and determine pricing for each program such that margins are maximized. Coordinate closely with the General Manager, and Corporate Personnel regarding strategic opportunities and pricing.
- Manage and track sales and margin status at each customer. Closely follow trends and address inconsistencies or problems in a timely manner.
- Promote new technologies once Engineering has established viability.
- Cultivate a customer “ecosystem” at each key customer.
- Establish relationships with key functional groups at all key customers.
- Elevate relationships to the senior level in each functional group.
- Establish a Hamsar/Grakon first thought process at each OEM/key customer, as well as key Aftermarket customers and distributors.
- Manage, pursue, and negotiate Long Term Agreements with each OEM and Aftermarket customer.
- Determine requirements for “preferred supplier” status and position Hamsar for success at each OEM.
- Establish relationships with the Tier 1 suppliers.
- Support the Program Managers and accounts receivable team, address any potential customer issues in a timely manner, and facilitate corrective actions where required.
- Manage each customer account, develop plans to grow revenue and profitability.
- Monitor customer scorecards based on defined objectives.
- Ensure proper handling of any commercial issues.
- Tracks sales metrics and reports progress and metrics on the sales process.
- Develops and maintains a sales forecast.
- Manages the sales process and updates as required.
- Manages Sales, Marketing and Customer Support personnel.
- Review yearly objectives and deliberate them to the team for the yearly bonus program.
- Identify, recruit, and train Sales & Marketing personnel (with the assistance of HR.)
*Grakon management reserves the right to modify these Responsibilities and Performance Standards at any time.
Position Specific Requirements:
Education: Bachelors Degree or Higher
Travel: 35–50% in North America
10+ years sales experience with minimum of 4 years management experience and a successful track record of account management and sales to significant OEM and/or key customers. Experience working with cost and pricing models essential. Additional experience working with specialty markets and distributors a plus. Experience working with Program Management and an automotive style “phase gate” product development process a plus. Knowledge of ISO-9001 and/or TS16946 Quality systems and customer scorecards a plus.
- Strategy: Ability to see and plan at a high level
- Finance & P&L
- Technical understanding of related products and technologies
- Account Management & Program Management
- Experience with CRM system/Salesforce
- Highly organized with attention to detail
If interested, email your resume to email@example.com.
Grakon Hamsar Holdings Ltd. (Hamsar Diversco) welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.