The primary function of a Hamsar Supervisor is to ensure the smooth and productive operation of the assigned manufacturing area. The Printing Supervisor reports to the Senior Printing Supervisor & VP Operations.
The following describes the functions, duties and requirements of the supervisor within the printing department:
- Based on Manufacturing Schedule and Work Orders the Supervisor will ensure:
- Daily material requirements are compiled
- Raw materials are retrieved from inventory, prior to job start up
- Required documentation is completed
- Materials are organized and placed for optimal production usage
- Ensure machines are setup for the operators with screens shot, blocked, ink ready, vinyl and cardboards cut and ready for the jobs – based on which job they are running.
- Determine daily staffing requirements with the Senior Printing Supervisor for each work area within the printing department.
- Assign staff to appropriate work area as required on a per job basis
- Organize and rotate staff within assigned work areas with minimal production disruption
- Review daily work orders and production requirements with staff as required
- Maintain production area organization
- Ensure staff tidy and organize work areas throughout the shift
- Assign daily clean up crew
- Assure proper use of scrap & recycling bins
- Review corrective action with the Sr. Printing Supervisor for manufacturing issues.
- Appropriately escalate information for larger manufacturing issues.
- Complete daily log sheets and forward to the VP Operations when the Sr. Supervisor is away.
- Complete daily production time sheets and forward to the VP Operations when the Sr. Supervisor is away.
- Ensure all staff members are properly trained in the safe operation and correct use of equipment
- Daily maintenance procedures are followed for all equipment and production machines.
- All machine repair requirements are immediately reported to the VP Operations & Sr. Printing Supervisor.
- Provide or arrange as required with the Sr. Printing Supervisor
- Start up training for newly hired staff
- Essential job skills
- Hamsar procedures
- Product training
- Job Safety requirements
- Ongoing and expanded training for existing staff
- Skills enhancement
- New product training
- New process implementation and training
- Added machinery training
- Job Safety requirements
- Assist HR in:
- Maintain Training Matrix
- Testing of staff as required and directed
- Monitor skill level development of all staff
- Review training requirements
- Identify new training requirements and aid in the development of training processes
- Help Sr. Printing Supervisor with Performance Appraisals if required.
- Open communication with staff members, follow an open door policy.
- Report production or product issues to Sr. Printing Supervisor & VP Operations as required.
- Report inventory issues to Purchasing when the Sr. Printing Supervisor is away.
- Work in conjunction with Receiving and Shipping dept.
- Work in conjunction with other team leaders for staffing requirements.
- Work with the Team Lead as backup for the Sr. Printing Supervisor.
Health and Safety and Environmental:
Observe health and safety and environmental requirements of the company while on the job at all times. Wear protective equipment as required and report any unsafe actions to supervisor immediately
Aid in production work as required.
Other duties as assigned by the Management.