Duties are as follow:
The Program Manager will be responsible for facilitating the development and execution of complex, multi-year program execution and/or sustainment for our customers. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and program management skills, and prior experience pursuing and leading similar work. The following describes the expectations:
- Program Management
- Proficient in understanding and communicating all organization and product capabilities, value and technical details to the customer
- Assists engineering in assessing and selecting suppliers based on past performance and capability
- Manages tooling builds and coordinates trial runs according to schedule, and communicates status to customer. Participates in gauge design and reviews inspection plans for compliance to customers’ requirements for product performance.
- Acts as the primary interface between the customer and design engineering in procuring and documenting design and customer specific requirements related to the development process.
- Lead periodic program status reviews, as well as Milestone Reviews for each phase of the product development process.
- Assists in procuring material/component details and pricing relative to the product or program.
- Develops understanding of customer specific and governmental regulations specific to product or program needs.
- Reviews all product or program engineering releases/changes and notifies the customer when required.
- Monitors engineering related activities and releases to ensure product or program design/cost objectives are met on time.
- Assists to resolve all customer complaints with Quality Manager.
- Assists engineering, quality, customer service, logistics and accounting in procuring information and/or resolving issues related to new/changing products.
- Provides management team with product or program status updates on a regular basis and maintains a master schedule which is communicated to all parties.
- Orchestrates cross-functional resources to deliver on the contractual obligations defined in the original contract
- Identifies potential risks and guides the team to implement risk mitigation strategies to reduce or eliminate containment and premium freight.
- Prevents scope creep, or “elegance creep,” that is beyond the original contractual agreement, from the customer without proper adjustments in cost, price, timing and quality parameters.
- Presents the status of the project to senior management, for update and guidance, in the context of conformance to APQP processes and completing tasks related to each phase of a project.
- Works with Finance to track cost and price changes to ensure initial margins are preserved or improved.
- Communicates with the team to ensure there is no gap between actual and expected delivery to customer.
- Identifies issues early in the program that can be solved prior to launch.
- Works with engineering to maximize efficiency on new production processes.
- Looks for synergies within existing products and operations to maximize capacity and reduce complexity of new product launches.
- Account Management
- Ensure proper post-launch management of customer business by ensuring continued customer satisfaction and paving the way for future sales.
- Executes product changes and managing obsolescence.
- Contract management, including:
- Cost/Price change requirements due to volume fluctuation
- VA/VE Management
- Ensure that the organization manages and delivers upon all customer contracted agreements
- Establishes and gains approval for strategic pricing that maximizes margin.
- Guides activities to support responding to customer requests for quotation.
- Delivers timely communication of all customer, contractual, and after-sales requirements through the organization.
- Ensures the organization is aware of what is required to deliver on all customer contractual obligations.
- Provides technical support to sales staff and updates them as to advances in manufacturing capability and capacity
- Maintains a master schedule for product lifespan and identifies upcoming capacity opportunities.
- Sets a good example for others.
- Maintains a high-level of integrity.
- Conducts oneself with a “mission first, people always” attitude.
Education: Bachelors Degree, PMP Designation Preferred
Experience: Years of business related and program management experience
- Computer/Tech Savvy (MS Project, Power point, Excel, etc)
- CAD Programs
- Sales/Program/Project Management
- Excellent interpersonal and organization
- Excellent written and oral presentation
- Effective group leadership
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Time Management
- ADQP knowledge, lean manufacturing and design for manufacturability (DFM)
Health and Safety and Environmental:
Observe health and safety and environmental requirements of the company while on the job at all times. Wear protective equipment as required and report any unsafe actions to supervisor immediately
IF INTERESTED OR HAVE REFERRALS PLEASE CONTACT NAZIA NAQVI – HR MANAGER @ email@example.com OR 905-332-4094 ext 251.