Jr. Mechanical Design Engineer
Duties are as follow:
The Product Manager will be responsible for facilitating the development and execution of new and existing products with Production and Engineering. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication, product development and manufacturing experience, pursuing and leading similar work.
- Product Development
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion. Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve technical issues within the project.
- Identify and manager project dependencies and critical path.
- Develop and deliver all APQP documentation.
- Engineering Support
- Execute the Engineering change process from creation through action items to final review, approval and closure.
- Support the Engineering team and Design Engineers by providing input to technical solutions.
- Assist with performance testing and analysis of proprietary and/or competitor products.
- Provide technical assistance to other personnel within the company as needed.
- Update, review and maintain product definitions such as drawings, specification’s, CAD data etc.
- Estimate product manufacturing costs as well as design and develop costs for new products.
- Attend customer design review meetings as required.
- Manufacturing Cost Estimates
- Work with Sales and/or Project Management to create manufacturing cost estimates (MCEs).
- Additional duties as assigned by Management.
Education: Bachelors Degree
- Industry experience in a similar role (combination of training and work experience)
- Working knowledge of metal, plastics, inspections and assembly
- Plastic injection molding experience and/or knowledge
- Knowledge of quality concepts
- Experience with Process Validation preferred.
- Computer/Tech Savvy (Power point, Excel, etc)
- CAD Programs
- Ability to perform mechanical design reviews, including tolerance stacking, material considerations, etc
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate complex designs to other functional groups
- Ability to clearly identify problem areas and communicate the problem to coworkers
- Ability to manager multiple projects
- Excellent interpersonal and organization
- APQP knowledge, lean manufacturing and design for manufacturability (DFM)
Health and Safety and Environmental:
Observe health and safety and environmental requirements of the company while on the job at all times. Wear protective equipment as required and report any unsafe actions to supervisor immediately
If interested, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grakon Hamsar Holdings Ltd (Hamsar Diversco) welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.